14 Dog Facts We Bet You Did Not Know
Your furball at home has intresting facts which are so cool. We have tried to put in few of these from an unending list of amazement.
1. A dogs heart beats 50 times faster than the average humans.
2. The longer a dogs nose is, the more effective their internal cooling system is
3. Humans has kept dogs as pets for more than 12000 years.
4. Not all dogs can swim! For example – Basset Hound cannot.
5. There are more than a dozen separate muscles that control a dogs ear movements.
6. Dogs only sweat through the pads of their feet.
7. The twitching and paw movements that occur during their sleep are signs that your pet is dreaming. They have the same type of rapid eye movement as us!
8. A dogs nose print is as unique as a human finger print.
9. Dog’s nose has a thin layer of mucus that helps them absorb scent.
10. Dogs have three eyelids. An upper lid, a lower lid and a third lid that keeps the eye moist and protected.
11. It has been said that dogs actually can predict stormy weather and can detect if their owners have an illness.
12. Dogs have the same level of intelligence as a two year old can understand. Up to 250 words and phrases and can count up to 5.
13. A dog’s brain releases oxytocin. The love hormone when dogs play with humans or other dogs.
14. Dogs eyes contain a special membrane called the tapetum lucidum which allows them to see in the dark.